avandia

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What do you Collect? Coins? Stamps? Antiques?


What do you collect?

I started collecting when our Father brought home a stamp collecting book and some stamps. This was in the early to mid 1970's. My brother and I began diligently gathering stamps. We never quite completed the book, but we had fun looking for unique and valuable stamps.

I eventually, as an adult, began collecting Coca Cola Memorabilia. I'm ashamed to admit it became some sort of illness where I would buy anything Coca Cola. New, Old, Ugly...it didn't really matter. If I didn't have it, I was going to get it to add to the collection. I turned our extra bedroom into a "Coke Room". I mean, floor to ceiling, wallpaper border, ceiling fan, bottles, cans, banks, trucks, you name it I had it. The closets were stuffed to the gills, the floors and every corner. Almost every inch of the walls covered with shelves, pictures, trays....

I then came to my senses...kind of. I sold half of my collection to make room for our kids. I still have the other half in storage. I'm not parting with it.

We also collected coins. We would have relatives send us foreign coins, we would look for buffalo nickels, silver dollars, wheat pennies, Canadian coins, anything unusual.

Speaking of coin collections....we just listed a couple of coin price guides on our eCrater Store.





Please stop by our eCrater store or out others. You can use the links at the top of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment