avandia

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Onions, Potatoes, Carrots, Lettuce, Peas, OH MY!

I've taken advantage of the first beautiful weekend this year to work up some of my vegetable garden.

I was able to plant some "winter" veggies like onions, potatoes, lettuce, carrots, and peas.

When we are free from the threat of frost I can plant the rest. I hope to put tomatoes, pole beans, some corn, cantelope, peppers....and we'll see what else I can fit in there!

I got some great advice from this book....Vegetable Crops by Homer Thompson at Cornell University. This is a vintage resource, but it has very timely information.

Stop by my store and see more great resources from history, politics, childrens chapter books, college text books, and much much more!

JKL Book Supply

No comments:

Post a Comment